The Short Version
The Perch team have built what we think is a really great video home monitoring system and we’d love for you to use it. We don’t ask you for personal information unless we really need it, but of course video can get pretty personal. We won’t share or store any personal information unless required for the operation of Perch, to comply with the law, or to develop our products.
- Your Privacy Is Our Policy
- What Personal Information Is Collected?
- You Are Always In Control
- Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
- About Perch
- Talk To Us
Your Privacy Is Our Policy
What Personal Information Is Collected?
Personal Information and IP Content you provide to Us
We receive and store any Personal Information and IP Content you enter or upload to our Service. The types of Personal Information and IP Content collected may include, but are not limited to:
- Camera locations and names, that you are asked to enter and can change at any time.
- Video and audio signals and data are recorded and processed, depending on how you may have configured your Service. This may include Perch sending you portions of this as part of a notification, or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. If you have recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period. You will be able to access those recording using the Services during that time.
- You may save and choose to share content such as video streams or clips for other people to access using the Service. We will collect and store information required for us to save or share your content.
We may also draw upon this Personal Information and IP Content in order to adapt the Service to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Service, and to develop new tools for our community. Under no circumstance will any employee or agent of Perch ever look at your private videos within your account unless given express consent to do so.
Information we receive from third parties
Perch uses certain 3rd party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect data and monitor application usage and performance. Perch provides your Personal Information to those 3rd party services solely for the purposes noted above.
Not as tasty as they sound, cookies are small bundles of data that usually contain an anonymous identification code specific to each user. A cookie is sent from a website, received by your browser, and stored on your computer. It all seems kind of scary, but our cookies do little more than record basic session information.
You Are Always In Control
The only person who can choose to share your Personal Information is you, if you wish to share any of your Personal Information and IP Content using Perch’s sharing features.
The one exception: we may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations, including any applicable laws, rules or regulations outside your country of residence; to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Perch, our employees, our users, or others.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Personal Information is protected on Perch by your username and password, for your privacy and security. To prevent unauthorized access to your account and to your Personal Information and IP Content you must select and protect your password appropriately, and limit access to your computer and mobile phone to only those individuals who you trust to maintain your privacy and security. Perch strongly advises against sharing your password with anyone.
Perch endeavors to safeguard Personal Information and IP Content to ensure that information is kept private, through physical, electronic, and procedural measures.
However, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
For users located outside of the United States, note that as part of the Service your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Talk To Us